So, my camera battery charger is "missing" and I haven't really wanted to post without having some photos to show. But it has simply been too long. Bullet point update:
- Here is a really crappy photo of my new fridge. Drew got this for me for our 3 year anniversary! I was only able to snap one photo before my camera died, and I tried to edit it the best I could, but without photoshop at home, it didn't help much. But you can see how beautiful the fridge is! Can you believe Drew and I have been married for THREE years?!? I know to some of you, this isn't that big of a deal, but it seems like quite an accomplishment to me that we are still happy with each other and still want to spend the rest of our lives together after 3 years of marriage. If I could offer 3 pieces of advice to anyone getting married (one of each year, haha), it would be this: Tell each other you love each other every day, whether or not you feel like it; have a hobby that does not involve the other person - something you can do by yourself, something that helps you have your own identity instead of relying on the other person to complete you; and have fun! Don't take life/marriage so seriously.
- I am sick... again. Last weekend I took my students to Tyler for the District Art competition. We placed first!! As soon as I got home at around 7pm, I got into bed and crumbled. I am fairly certain I had the flu. I was lucky that Monday was presidents day, but I even had to take Tuesday as a sick day because I felt so horrible. Now, I have taken Tuesday and Wednesday off of this week too! I am sick and tired of being sick! I feel well enough to sit up at the computer today, and I might actually go take a shower (ha!), but I still don't feel like talking much, and that is kind of a necessity if you are a teacher! All my M's sound like B's because my nose is so stopped up. I went to the doctor yesterday and they just said it was an upper respritory infection. Of course, nothing you can do for that except sleep and drink lots of fluids. I'm tired of fluids!
- Diane is coming in town this weekend. I am really looking forward to seeing her, but hoping that I get well so that I can clean this house a bit! We are planning on going to Canton on Saturday! I don't know why, but I really love Canton.
- Week after next is Interim Term at school. I am taking a group of 13 students to several different museums around DFW. I am excited to get to go on tours to all these wonderful museums!
- The week after that is Spring Break!! Drew and I want to go do something fun, but haven't planned anything yet. Hopefully we can find something to go do outside of Dallas - we both really really need a break!
Nyquil is clogging up my brain right now and I can't think of anything else. Maybe if I think of more things, I'll actually post again this week!
Feb 4, 2009
Before you freak out, no, I am not pregnant. But I do have 2 friends in my Sunday school class that are. And it is about that time... baby shower time. And what better time to have a baby shower than spring (well, almost spring).
In a couple of weeks, our Sunday school girls are throwing a baby shower for Chastity. She is having TWINS! Here is a "diaper cake" (or "diaper tower" as Drew likes to call it) that I made for her shower. It took a while to figure out how many diapers should go on each tier, but with some awesome engineering skills from Drew, I think it turned out great. I was going to try to do a Pooh themed "cake", but the selection of yellow ribbon really stunk, and I saw this really neat pink ribbon and decided to go with that. Amy, if I do one of these for you, I need a swatch of your fabric, hehe.
I don't know what happened, but sometime in my transition from child to adult, I shot the Procrastinator gene out the window. I guess that is actually kind of cool, but I think I'll take the "cake" over to Lynda's anyway so that the cats don't get tempted. They thought the empty diaper box was really sweet, and I don't want them to go searching for that smell! (clean baby diapers smell nice)
If anyone else would like a diaper cake, I am pretty much an expert now, so, let me know!