Jun 24, 2008

New - Hand Made Paper Baby Quilt Square



Here is one of my latest creations - a Handmade Paper quilt in pretty pastel colors for a baby room (although I suppose you could hang it anywhere). I found some white metal scrapbooking frames at Michael's and thought that would be perfect to hold my "quilt square" with a little white border. I thought of sewing the pieces of paper together, but decided that my sewing ability was just not perfect enough for my perfectionists mind and that inevitably I would start sewing, get distracted and a line of stitches would go all the way across the square and look horrible! And because it is handmade paper, I had a limited quantity to work with - so no mistakes!

I originally was making this for my friend, Tempy, who is having a baby soon, but then I found out she was having a little Boy! So, no more pink quilt square for her! This is currently in my Etsy shop. I'm still trying to come up with the perfect boy baby gift for Tempy, even though her shower was like 3 weeks ago! Any ideas?

No comments :