Oct 7, 2013

Peppermint Hot Chocolate

Is it starting to get chilly where you live?  Here in Texas, we had a wonderfully cool weekend that has everyone wearing sweaters and dreaming of fireplaces, even though it is supposed to get up to 83 degrees today.

I have been dreaming of my favorite things about fall, and one of my favorite things is warm beverages.  My husband loves the hot chocolate that I make, and I thought I could share my recipe with you!


What you will need:

2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
2 Tbsp Sugar
1 tsp Real vanilla
1 cup raw milk
1 drop Young Living Peppermint Oil
Whipped Cream to Top

How to make it:

Heat the milk in a small saucepan on the stove.  Do not bring to a boil.  In a small bowl, combine the cocoa and sugar and stir into the hot milk.  Add vanilla and Young Living Peppermint Oil.  Top with Whipped Cream and Enjoy!

Want to make your own whipped cream?

You will need:

1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 Tbsp sugar (or more to taste)

How to make it:

In a cold glass or metal bowl, add whipping cream and begin to whip using a hand mixer - start slow and as it begins to form a creamy texture, increase the speed.  Slowly beat in the sugar until your whipped cream feels smooth between your fingers and forms soft peaks.  Store extra in the refrigerator.



Want to know how to purchase your own oils?  Check out my informational page here


No comments :