Oct 5, 2013

My Favorite Things About Fall

The Dodd Squad lives in the great state of Texas. Our state has one true flaw (wink) - it's really stinkin' hot! Yesterday, in the first week of October, it was 90+ degrees. This morning, a cold front came through and it dropped into the 50s. The excitement was palpable. My kids were happy, my neighborhood gathered at a wonderful pumpkin patch with smiles on our faces, Isabel and I did some snuggling... These things get me excited about the coming months full of family and friends, wonderful food, and gift giving. Here are some of my favorite things about fall:

1. That first day in hot Texas when the temperature dips low enough to wear a jacket and every single person you know spends all day outside enjoying it.


2. Cool weather clothes - jeans, hoodies, sweaters, cardigans and boots.
3. Pumpkins, Pumpkin Patches, carving pumpkins, pumpkin decor... There is just something about a pumpkin that makes me feel like a kid again.
4. Warm beverages like homemade hot chocolate, hot tea, and apple cider. My mom and sister love Hot Dr. Pepper, have you tried it?
5. Sitting around a fire pit with friends. There is absolutely no better way to spend a grown up fall evening.


6. Snuggling under lots of awesome blankets.
7. Soup. And the thousands of varieties warm, wholesome ingredients you can combine.


8. The smell of fall - cinnamon, clove, nutmeg - this year I am diffusing Young Living Essential Oils in my home for this amazing smell PLUS benefits for our health.
9. Being outside. Pumpkin patches, trick or treating, football games, walks around the block to collect rocks with my girls...


10. Not sweating - can I get an amen?

No comments :