Dec 1, 2014

25 Children's Christmas Books

This year, I am trying a super cute idea that I found on Pinterest - find 24 Children's Christmas books, wrap them and use them as an advent.  My girls will unwrap one book each night and we will read it before bedtime.  I am so excited about this idea!


Even if you don't want to go all in and buy TWENTY FOUR books, I wanted to give you a list of my favorite children's Christmas books.  I love kids books - they are so simple, so beautiful, and so poignant.  Plus, it is so important to read with your kids, so this makes it a little more festive and exciting.


25 Children's Christmas Books

  1. How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss 
  2. The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg
  3.  Santa's Favorite Story:  Santa Tells the Story of the First Christmas by Hisako Aoki
  4.  Merry Christmas Mom and Dad by Mercer Mayer
  5.  Christmas in the Manger by Nola Buck
  6.  Snowmen at Christmas by Caralyn Buehner
  7.  The Night Before Christmas by Clement Clarke Moore
  8.  Little Blue Truck's Christmas by Alice Schertle
  9.  Who is Coming to Our House by Joseph Slate
  10.  Bear Stays Up For Christmas by Karma Wilson
  11.  Merry Christmas, Mouse!  by Laura Numeroff
  12.  Room for a Little One:  A Christmas Tale by Martin Waddell
  13.  The Night Before the Night Before Christmas by Natasha Wing
  14.  Pete the Cat Saves Christmas by James Dean
  15. Madeline's Christmas by Ludwig Bemelmans
  16. The Spirit of Christmas by Nancy Tillman
  17. Dream Snow by Eric Carle
  18. Bob by Sandra Boynton
  19. Olivia Claus by Kama Einhorn
  20. The 12 Days of Christmas: A Pop Up Celebration by Robert Sabuda
  21. How Do Dinosaurs Say Merry Christmas? by Jane Yolen
  22. The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats
  23. Twelve Cats for Christmas by Roger Priddy 
  24.  (And for the Bigger Kids) The Best Christmas Pageant Ever by Barbara Robinson
  25.  (And for the Parents - funniest book ever**) Holidays on Ice by David Sedaris
**Not safe for kids.  Adult Content.



Right now, if you purchase a book through Amazon and use the code HOLIDAY30, you will get 30% off!

I have linked these books to my Amazon Affiliate Account.  For the month of December, the money I earn through my affiliate program will be used to donate toys to children in need in my community.  Thanks for your help providing a fun Christmas for these children!

Merry Christmas, Friends!  I hope you have as much fun reading these awesome stories as we will!

No comments :