Jan 14, 2015

Game Day Guacamole

The number of uses I find for Young Living essential oils in my home is astounding.  Health, wellness, and cleaning  - but I must not neglect my first love - FOOD!

There are different schools of thought when it comes to ingesting essential oils, and I would absolutely recommend not using store bought oils in your food.  Many of them say "DO NOT INGEST".  A pretty big red flag if you ask me!  Young Living oils, however, have supplementation facts on the label if you peel up the corner.  Not only can ingesting high quality, superior oils be beneficial for your health, they also taste great!

So, some major sporting event is coming up - I know because my friends and my Facebook tell me so.  While sports literally do not cross my path of consciousness, I look for any excuse to have a party and make delicious food for my friends and family.

One of my favorite things to do for these types of parties is a big bowl of Guacamole.  Here's how I do it:



Game Day Guacamole

Ingredients:

4 large, ripe avocados (they should feel soft but not mushy and be a dark color)
1 roma tomato
Young Living Lime essential oil
Fajita Seasoning
Pepper
Seasoning Salt

Directions:

1.  Half the avocados and remove the pits.  Use a spoon to scoop the avocado out of the peel.  Mash the avocado well using either a potato masher or a fork.
2.  Dice the roma tomato, removing the seeds and gooey stuff inside.  Add to the avocado.
3.  Add 1-2 drops of Lime essential oil - you might want to add one drop and then taste.
4.  Season to taste.  I generally add about 1/2 a tsp of each seasoning, but you could add more if your avocados are not very ripe.
5.  Mix well, cover by placing plastic wrap directly on top of the guacamole, not on the top of the bowl.  This will keep it from becoming brown.  Serve chilled.


Super easy and delicious.  Great not only for game day, but for an everyday snack!  Avocados are full of healthy fats and my little ones love this treat.

Make sure the spices you use are high quality and organic!


Want to know how to purchase your own oils?  Check out this information HERE!


As always, please remember that I am a Mama and not a doctor. These things work for us and I am in love with using oily remedies for health in our home and I am excited to share them with you, but please use your best judgement for your own home. 

No comments :